Welcome to the Blog of St. Denis!!!

In the following you will find reports, art pieces and other contributions of our students. The idea behind is to give children of this rural Secondary School the opportunity to show their activities and everyday life to international readers, especially to their friends in Germany, England and the United States.
We would rather bring you their own words than correcting the mistakes.
We hope you will enjoy reading the posts.

Philipp and Daniel, volunteers from Germany



The Students of St. Denis Makondo Senior Secondary School

Participants of the blogging club

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ich heiße Ndalike Lawrence ...

... und bin siebzehn Jahre alt. Ich wohne in Masaka, Uganda. Ich spiele Fußball, Volleyball und Musik. Meine Schwester heißt Florence, sie ist vierzehn Jahre alt. Mein Bruder heißt Valention, er ist sechzehn Jahre alt.
Mein Vater heißt Ceasor und meine Mutter heißt Alice. Ich habe eine Schwester und ein Bruder. Ich habe eine Oma und ein Onkel.

I Lawrence, a Ugandan Student. I am in senior three this year and am having my studies at ST. DENIS MAKONDO S.S.. This School is found in Masaka Uganda P.O. Box 21.
I thank our school donors for the work they are doing for us and my Sponsor Keith and Amy Van horn in Colorado, USA. I really appreciate your work.
We learn German language at school and I am very interested in speaking and writing it. One of the reasons why I like it so much, is that it is pronounced as Luganda words which is my traditional language.
So I thank our German volunteers who have given us time and an opportunity to learn this language. It is good because it helps us to communicate well and get each other clearly. Let me use this chance to thank the following, for that firstly and for most, Katherine and Brigit plus our current teachers Philipp and Daniel. I really love and enjoy your lessons as I want to learn outside languages for my better communication with different people in future.
I am talented in Fine Art and I really do it well at school. I pray very hard so that I pursue my dream in future. I make some art pieces during my free time like in my holidays.
So on this let me thank Leslie and Diana Hylton, Maria Camp and group also in USA.
Let me conclude by giving advice to my fellow students in Uganda and the world at large.
My friend let you do the following for success in future.
- Do everything in the right time, place with a right person and know that time wasted can never be gained
- Know that education is the key to success so education first and others later
- Revision is repeated to be successful in life and it is better read books of different authors
- Ever be in time for everything. Things will be easy for you.
A word to advice is enough.


Thank you.
Ndalike Lawrence at ndalikelawrence@yahoo.com




OUR SPORTS DAY IN TERM TWO 2010

This is the day when we held our sports day and we participated in many games including the following; Bating, 3 leg-racing, hundred meter race, Throwing and mini world cup.
This mini world cup game was the major game of all the games and the participant countries were sixteen. Each country consisted of three players and one of them was a girl and two boys to make a team.
The winner of the mini world cup competition was Brazil. This team had good players and that’s why they worn the rest.
Its players were; Lutaaya valentine in senior two, Babirye Mary in senior four and Ssentajja Ben from senior two.
The second country to Brazil was England and it had players named; Mugonza Frank in senior one, Ssebuliba David in senior one and girl called Nalukwata Josephine in senior three. In fact this was my supporting team.
The third one was Portugal and it also had three players. Other countries followed accordingly and the winners received prizes.
The best in throwing was a senior four member and was Namanya Emmanuel. He threw sixty eight meters away. We were very pleased because no one could throw as far as he did.
The third game’s best performer was Ssekanjako Joseph in Sack racing. This student was so fast to be the first as the competition was stiff; he is a senior three member.
The fourth game’s best participant was Katongole Mike in batting and he performed better by the way to become the best of all.
The fifth game’s best participant was Mukaaya Ronald a senior two member and he won in 100 meter race. This student was so fast because the competition was also so stiff.
Our last game’s best performers were two in three-leg racing; they were Nakabanda Jasent and Namugabe Phionah.
This game was so complicated that they could tie your two legs, one from each to make one leg and the other two remain free. Then you start running.
I also participated and I was in the second group in this game.
We’ll hold this sports day every year mainly and I feel happy and enjoying although am not better in performing as I am best in Art and design as you will see in my writings in our blog.
These activities help us to develop our talents in different games
Not only had that but also helped us to refresh our minds for our better education and life in future.
Let me take this opportunity to thank our Germany volunteers Philipp Klotz and Daniel Eble who organized and sponsored our games and gave prizes to the winners in all the six games that we carried out. I thank you very much for that and we learn a lot from you.
By
Ndalike Lawrence
Senior three St. Denis
Makondo S.S, P.O.BOX 21,
Masaka
-Uganda-


2 comments:

  1. Hello to all St. Denis students, the Blogging Club, and Philip and Daniel:

    I am excited to communicate with you through the new blog! I am going to share the blog address with all Into Your Hands supporters and I hope you get many comments from your friends in USA. Keep up the great work. Keep studying hard and being the best you can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear about the sports day. We miss all of you. Hope the exams went well.

    ReplyDelete